Toolbag’s Library is an asset management system built directly into the software – no separate install required. One of the Library’s greatest benefits is the 100% free and regularly-updated collection of assets available to help streamline your scene setup and content creation workflows. This collection includes a wide range of HDRI skies, materials, textures, and object presets.
To open a Library window, go to Main Menu > Window > Library (Shift + Ctrl + L).
Searching the Library #
If you know what you’re looking for, use the Library’s search bar along the top of the window. Otherwise, navigate the folder hierarchy on the left-hand side to explore the asset types and categories available. All assets in the Library also have tags associated with them, which means that you can type a descriptive word of what you’re searching for and it will return any related results.
Every asset saved to the Library is searchable by:
- Asset Name
- Asset Tags – right-click on an asset -> View Properties to see the tags applied
When using the search function, be mindful it limits results to the currently selected folder in the hierarchy. For example, typing “Dirt” when the Library root level is selected will show all assets that match your searched phrase. However, if you navigate to the Materials sub-folder and search “Dirt”, you’ll only see materials in the results.
Library Navigation Options #
|Go to the root folder.
|Go back to the previous folder.
|Go forward to the next folder.
|Go to the parent folder.
|Download the selected asset(s).
|Open the selected asset(s). If an asset does not exist locally, it will be downloaded.
|Delete the selected asset(s).
|• Open Local Directory
|Open the downloaded assets directory on the disk.
|• Marmoset Hard Reset
|Hard resets all assets made by Marmoset.
|• User Hard Reset
|Hard resets all assets made by the user.
Filtering Your View #
When working with the Library, you can filter and color tag assets using the filtering toolbar to speed up your search and management process. Here are some handy filtering and viewing tips to follow.
- Generate multiple Library windows from the main toolbar by going to Window > Library (or holding down Shift+Ctrl+L). This would create a new instance of the Library window, which is useful for having multiple asset folders open and in view. There’s no limit to how many windows can be generated.
- You can multi-tag assets with a color label by selecting several thumbnails and clicking the small grey icon in the bottom right corner of the asset thumbnail. Be aware that you’ll need an asset downloaded to color tag it. You can then filter by color using the row of colored icons at the bottom right of the Library window.
- Filter the Library to only show assets used in the current scene by hitting the bullet-list icon.
- To filter content that has updates available to download, hit the refresh-arrows icon. Tip: Enable “Automatic Updates” in your app preferences to keep all Library content up to date.
- The downward arrow will display assets that have not been downloaded to your local Library.
- Hit the screen icon to show locally-stored assets.
- The humanoid icon will display custom assets that have been saved to your User Library.
- The Marmoset icon displays first-party content created by our awesome in-house asset Library artists.
Library Filtering Options #
|Show Marmoset Assets
|Show first-party Marmoset content.
|Show User Assets
|Show custom user-created content.
|Show Local Assets
|Show assets that are stored locally.
|Show Downloadable Assets
|Show assets that are available to download.
|Show Updated Assets
|Show assets with available updates to download.
|Show Scene Assets
|Show materials, textures, and skies currently used in the scene.
|Show Assets by Color
|Show assets tagged with a certain color. Thumbnail Size – Change the size of the assets’ thumbnails.