Release Date #
July 1st, 2019
Windows: Download 3.08 (.exe)
OS X: Download 3.08 (.pkg)
3.08 Changelog #
- Substance file format has been updated to the latest version.
- Value outputs are now supported in Substance files.
- Meshes that do not match naming conventions are now ignored in the Quick Loader.
- The ACES tone mapper is now supported in Viewer.
- A Ray Distance setting has been added for Bent Normals.
Python Improvements #
- Exposed searchDistance parameter with BakedNormalBakerMap and AOBakerMap.
- Position maps are now accessible via Python.
Bug Fixes #
- Substance files should no longer crash on Mac
- Modifying meshes or materials should no longer crash on auto-reload.
- Skew and Offset maps are now retained on auto-reload.
- Bent Normal map direction baking is now more accurate.
- Meshes that do not match Quick Loader naming conventions no longer crash on auto-reload.
- Omni and Spot lights now produce more consistent blurred shadows with lighting map bakes.
- OBJ files from ZBrush no longer have incorrect emissive material properties.
- FBX materials no longer import with unnecessary emissive or alpha shaders.
- Alpha slider values now register when exporting glTF files.
- Texture Tiling values now export correctly with glTF files.
- Resolved a crash when undoing transform changes for certain animated files.