Important: Smart Masks only work in Toolbag’s Texture Projects.
What are Smart Masks? #
Conceptually speaking, Smart Masks are similar to Smart Materials, except their functionality strictly lies in the masking portion of your texturing workflow. You can use them to apply common scratch effects or create the appearance of dirt buildup. Like Smart Materials, Smart Masks can also be saved as custom content.
Using Smart Masks #
- Navigate to the Smart Masks folder of the Library and select your asset.
- Drag and drop the Smart Mask onto a layer mask in your Layers window.
- Adjust the mask layer settings according to your needs.
Saving Custom Smart Masks #
- Select a series of mask layers in your texture project.
- Right-click and hit Save As Smart Mask, or drag the layers into the Library window.
- A Smart Mask Properties window will appear and provide description fields to fill out.