Release Date #
December 21st, 2020
4.01 Changelog #
- Canceling a render should no longer crash.
- Clicking on the main window during a render should no longer show the unresponsive application error.
- Overwrite existing now works as it should with MP4/AVI video renders.
- The watermark works again for renders. We’ve added a scale slider too.
- The lens flare effect works again for renders as well.
- When overwrite existing is off, the iteration numbers are now appended at the end of the file name.
- It’s no longer possible to have only one active render camera or render pass.
- We fixed a bug that caused refractive materials to be too bright -on certain AMD video cards.
- The microfiber shading model should no longer create hot pixels when using raster rendering and high sample counts.
- Unlit surfaces now render correctly when using ray tracing and DOF.
- Adjusting the PNTriangles level slider now correctly updates the displaced result.
- Painting performance has been improved.
- We’ve added custom input and project map types.
- You can now drag a texture to the brush preview area to load it.
- Dragging a smart mask between layers rather than onto them now creates an empty group with a mask. This will no longer cause a bad state in the layer stack as well.
- Shift+Ctrl+RMB will now rotate the brush.
- The gradient tool now works as expected and should not cause crashes when using or changing tools.
- The color selection layer will no longer crash when more than 4 entries are added.
- The flood tool now more reliably with contiguous meshes over different UV islands.
- AO input maps are now composited correctly.
- Using the brush tool after the gradient no longer creates bad strokes.
- Clicking with the left or right buttons on a stylus during a stroke should no longer corrupt stroke data, and right-click should no longer open the context menu.
- Loading a brush preset with no brush texture set will now clear the texture if one exists.
- We’ve fixed some bugs related to different projection and size space settings in the brush.
- The sharpness setting in the dirt & scratch layer types no longer causes artifacts.
- We fixed a crash that could happen if you were not connected to the internet/could not connect to the library server.
- All sub-categories are now collapsed in the tree view by default.
- We’ve added tooltips for all library window UI elements.
- Downloading an asset before its thumbnail has loaded now works.
- It’s no longer possible to set both the downloaded and user directory to the same folder.
- We’ve improved the login window and account creation process.
- You can now close the window with the X button at the login screen.
- We resolved an issue with workspaces that could result in a window blocking the login screen.
- Window scaling now updates when windows are dragged between monitors with different resolutions and DPI scaling settings.
- Tooltips should reposition themselves rather than go off-screen or below the taskbar now.
- Vertical collapse no longer puts the scene and material editor windows in bad states.
- Toolbag now registers the alt key on the first click when coming to Toolbag from another application.
- Group ID map bakes work as expected again
- Responsiveness and stability should be better when baking very high poly meshes with baker priority set to responsive.
- It should no longer be possible to create bad keyframe data and old scenes with bad data should be repaired when loaded.
- Sky objects that share the same sky preset will no longer have their rotation improperly linked when one of the two has keyframed data.