Release Date #
September 27th, 2018
Windows: Download 3.05 (.exe)
OS X: Download 3.05 (.pkg)
3.05 Changelog #
Feature Additions #
- Improved cage offset algorithm, the cage should not collapse on itself with complex geometry such as picatinny rails.
- Custom cage support, works via UV matching, non-matching geometry is supported. Custom cages can be used with the _cage naming convention in the quick loader.
- 64x sampling option for better anti-aliasing.
- All map types are now multi-sampled, including material ID, material property outputs and wireframe.
- Wireframe line and vertex thickness options added.
- Vertex color alpha output is now supported.
- Lost quick loader file references create a prompt to replace the file. This should resolve auto-reload problems when transferring files between team members or when the original file has been moved.
- Bake groups are now sorted alphabetically.
- When a new Baker object is created, The Master Tangent Space now uses the Default Tangent Space defined in preferences.
- A new master Tangent Space setting (Per Mesh), has been added to the Baker which allows the user to define the tangent space for each mesh.
- Diffuse, Specular and Complete Lighting outputs are now rendered in sRGB.
- Normalization option added for Position map output.
- New microsurface shaders: Roughness, and Advanced Microsurface. The Metalness / Roughness workflow is enabled by default for new materials as well.
- Fix Mirror Tangents mesh and baker option. This splits vertices along mirror seams which should alleviate mirrored UV related baking artifacts with certain tangent spaces.
- Texture inputs are now retained when changing shading models. For instance, when swapping from Gloss to Roughness.
Bug Fixes #
- Skew maps are correctly initialized now.
- When using Texture Sets and Multi-layered PSD export each set now saves a unique PSD.
- Low to low normal map baking artifacts have been resolved.
- PNG files no longer export alpha content.
- Bitmap file type removed from output list (BMP writing is not supported).
- File format/bit depth combinations now provide an error when unsupported type is selected (ie: 16 bit TGA).
- Normal maps are now correctly transformed when using low poly meshes as the high poly. This should resolve low -> low baking issues.
- Object IDs should retain colors when meshes are reloaded.
- Estimate Offset works again.
- Removing quick loader file references is more stable now. For instance, removing one of many should no longer remove others.
- Light baking issue with light too close to object is now resolved.
- Some minor python fixes and additions.
- MacOS Baker GPU Priority has been adjusted to help prevent crashes when baking AO and other process heavy maps. Go to Edit > Preferences > Baker GPU Priority and set it to Moderate or Responsive if you experience crashes.
- Camera limits now work with multiple cameras in Viewer.
- Texture filtering settings now correctly export to Viewer.