This folder contains Materials, which can be loaded into the Materials tab and applied to assets for lookdev purposes or loaded into the Layers window as part of a texturing pipeline in a texture project. There are over 500 unique materials in the Library with numerous categories ranging from ceramics, concrete, metal, food, wood, vegetation, and more.
Using Materials in Your Toolbag Scene #
- Double-click a material swatch in the Library to download the asset.
- To apply the material to your desired mesh (chunk), drag and drop the material onto the mesh in your viewport. You can also add a material by right-clicking a material in the Library and hitting Load in Scene, or dragging the material into the Materials window.
- Click on a material in the Materials window to view and edit its shader settings and surface properties.
Using Materials in Your Texture Project #
- Select your Texture Project, then double-click the material swatch in the Library to add it to the top of your layer stack.
- You can also drag a material directly onto your mesh. Note: If you have a Material ID map assigned as an Input Map, ID colors will display as you drag the material into your viewport in order apply the material to isolated sections of the mesh.
- Open the Layer Settings window to change the surface of your material. The Projection Method, Tiling, and Material Properties settings give you maximum flexibility to change the material’s appearance.